Radon is a colorless, tasteless and odorless gas, and exposure is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the U.S. (after smoking). It can build up to dangerous levels inside homes, schools and other buildings.
Radon gas occurs naturally, and can leak into your home primarily from cracks in walls, basement floors and foundations. Less frequently, radon may enter from radon-contaminated drinking water in bathroom showers and sprays, though this occurs only when the water comes from a private well.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) estimates that nearly 1 out of every 15 homes in the U.S. has unsafe indoor radon levels, so if your home hasn’t been tested for radon, you should get it done as soon as possible.
We are certified radon-testing professionals and can test your home or business. We make sure you get an accurate, representative sample over time, as seasonal changes can affect your radon levels. After a monitoring period, we’ll assess your radon risk, and determine if treatment is necessary. If so, we’ll recommend licensed and insured contractors to provide you with a long-term solution to protect you and your family.