We will help ensure your health, safety and property value by removing mold. If you’re experience breathing or other respiratory issues, or see or smell mold in your home, you may be facing a serious problem.
We specialize in investigating mold and water damage, as well as remediating (removing) the problems that exist based on our findings.
If you have any respiratory health issues, or notice any of the following, call us immediately:
- Wet basement or crawl space
- Excessive moisture in basement
- Poorly ventilated attic with mold
- Unpleasant odors
- Dirty duct work
Our technology will sanitize, deodorize and disinfect your indoor environment.
CAUSES OF MOLD
Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air.
Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that are wet. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture. As an example, hidden leaks, water damaged materials from either a remodel or weather damage, hidden water sources and high humidity levels can all cause mold. Air Treatment System is equipped to handle all levels of mold removal.
SIGNS OF MOLD:
- If you’re having a problem with allergies in your home, there’s a good chance mold is growing.
- Mold may be found throughout your home but it is especially common in the basement, crawl space or attic where moisture can be excessive.
- Mold odor is distinctive. Don’t ignore mold odor even if you can’t see mold. If you have moldy and/or musty odors in your home, call for an inspection.
- Visible mold seems like an obvious sign of mold. However, often mold is mistaken for soot or dirt. If you are unsure, call Air Treatment System for an inspection. Don’t wait until it becomes a bigger mold problem. Mold can be black, gray-brown, gray-green or even white. Mold growing behind wallpaper made of vinyl can even appear orange, purple or pink.
- Water problems will inevitably cause mold. If you have any long term problems with moisture in your home, it is wise to have a professional inspect for mold. Water problems could include condensation, past flooding and water leaks.
Along with the obvious odors and damage, mold can cause health risks associated with exposure to this type of fungus. Respiratory issues, allergic reactions, asthma, headaches, fatigue, chronic sinusitis and a weakened immune system are examples of health issues caused by mold exposure.
In some instances the fungi can become toxic causing even more severe health problems. Mold can also affect the health of your household pets. If you’re concerned about mold in your home, call for a mold inspection as soon as possible.
If your home has been exposed to excessive moisture and you feel mold removal is in your future; please call the professionals at Air Treatment System for an inspection, removal and clean up of any problem areas. Call (973) 396-3316 today!